A uniquely tangy, refreshing drink. Perfect for sipping on a warm day.
For the cocktail:
40ml No.1 Aquavit
20ml gastrique (or to taste)
For the gastrique:
200ml red wine/cider/fruit vinegar
To make the gastrique:
- Caramelize 100g sugar in a pan.
- Add 200ml vinegar once the sugar is molten and brown.
- Cook the mixture down until the sugar has dissolved, and the volume is reduced by roughly half.
- Leave to cool.
To make the cocktail:
- Measure the aquavit and gastrique into a highball glass and stir thoroughly to mix.
- Add ice.
- Top up with soda water.
- Stir gently to mix the soda, aquavit, and gastrique, taking care not to knock the carbonation out of the soda.
- Serve - no garnish required